Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore was founded in 1896. In history department materials on Voronezh region history such as archaeology, Voronezh foundation, Peter the Great epoch, Voronezh in the 18th-19th centuries, Voronezh at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th centuries, town modern industry are displayed. Two exhibition halls with constantly changing exhibits are opened here. The building of the museum is a architectural monument of the end of the 19th century. The building was called earlier "The House of the Blinds".
Another building "The House of the Governor" (architectural monument of the middle of the 18th century) exhibits archaeological collections, metallwares dated to 18th-20th centuries, folk cloths, porcelain, glazed, glass, painter P.Krivoruchko's works. In the whole the museum houses 150 thousand displays.
Address: 29, Plekhanov street, Voronezh.