Born in January 25, 1916 in Lukh (Kostroma Province). Member of the Artist's Union of the RSFSR since 1950. Chairman of the Board of the Palekh Organization (1954-1970). Merited Artist of the RSFSR (1963), People's Artist of the RSFSR (1976). Studied at the Palekh Art College in 1933-1938; A.V.Kotukhin was his teacher. Worked in the Association of Palekh Artists since 1938. Participated in the Finish, the Great Patriotic and Japanese Wars. Director of the State Museum of Palekh Art (1970-1976). He died in February 1994 in Palekh.
He was engaged in monumental painting (painted frescos in the Pioneer's Palaces in Leningrad (1936) and Ivanovo (1937) as a member of a team jointly directed by A.V.Kotukhin and V.N.Zinovyev) and scene painting. He restored Churches of Moscow Kremlin (1947) and Monplaisir Palace in Petrodvorets (1955-1959). Themes of works: literature, history, genre scenes, Soviet Army. Exhibited since 1939.
His works are held in: The State Museum of Palekh Art, The Zagorsk State Historico-Art Museum-Reserve (Sergiev Possad), The State Russian Museum (St.Petersburg), The Ivanovo Regional Art Museum, The Plyos State Historico-Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve (Ivanovo region), The M.V.Frunze Museum (Shuya, Ivanovo Region), The Art Fund of Russia.